Bottom line up front, if you are looking for a paintball marker that is fun to use, simple to operate and durable enough for even the toughest day (or weather conditions), you will find the Tippman Cronus to be a fantastic choice. The Tippmann Cronus is an updated version of the Tippmann 98 model, which has a proven 30 year track record for reliability and user-friendliness. The Tippmann 98 was the industry standard for paintball field rentals for several decades because it was a work horse. The Cronus is a refresh on the 98 with a few ergonomic enhancements and the inclusion of accessory rails for increased customization options.
Related Post: Best Paintball Guns
- Durable and reliable, the Cronus Paintball Gun is a rugged, high-performance marker designed to match your needs. A high-impact composite body, in-line bolt system and internal gas line ensure that it…
- Empire’s X-Ray mask is a great goggle that provides the protection and comfort you need for all levels of paintball players. Dual density goggle foam provides exceptional comfort for all day wear. A…
- Warrior’s Deluxe 4+1 paintball harness is designed to be worn around your waist or attached to a vest. It carries 4 pods horizontally with velcro straps as well as one CO2 or HPA tank vertically to…
- Features of the Tippmann Cronus
- Tippmann Cronus Review
- The Tippmann Cronus Tactical Edition-Upgraded Version
Features of the Tippmann Cronus
The Tippmann Cronus boasts some impressive features for a beginner-friendly paintball marker. These features can be upgraded individually or at the same time by getting the Tippmann Cronus tactical. The following are features of the Tippmann Cronus;
- 68 Caliber
- Cronus PowerPack Paintball Gun Kit
- Black & Tan Dessert Op Tactical Exterior
- Open bolt blow back
- 9.5-inch stock barrel length
- 3. 7 pounds of weight
- Internal gas line
- CO2 & HPA Air Capability
- Mechanical Trigger
- High-impact composite body
- Vertical grip for improved hold
- Front and rear fixed sights
- 4 Picatinny rails for accessories
- Valor goggle, and 200 round loader
Tippmann Cronus Review
Customization and Reliability are at the core of the Tippmann Cronus
One of the great key features of Tippman Cronus is the ability to customize the paintball marker. It is one of the customizable paintball markers in the market today. Most beginner markers can’t be modified and are limited, forcing the players to upgrade to a better gun. It includes multiple rails, not less than four rails, allows a variety of attachments.
There is also an option of more modification, with a level upgrade to the tactical edition possible. It is quite popular thereby making it easy to find the upgrades. This is where the Tippmann Cronus becomes valuable. Any paintball player can use it for a long time without getting bored. It is easy to turn it into any level of gun you want.
Tippman has been making high-quality guns since 1986. Therefore, with the Tippmann Cronus, you are assured of a high-quality product. It is one of the best paintball guns in the market.
This paintball gun has a firing mechanism that can work in any condition. Among its many outstanding features, this paintball gun has a ported barrel. This makes the shots quieter and more accurate. There are also Four Picatinny rails that allow one to add attachments. This also improves firing accuracy.
The Tippmann Cronus has been proven to fire with rapid speeds of up to eight balls per second. It has a semi-automatic firing mode that can accurately hit targets of a range of up to 150 feet. A mechanical trigger is also incorporated on this beginners’ gun, allowing rapid, 150 feet firing speeds and accuracy.
Usage and Maintenance
Tippmann Cronus gun is very easy to use and perfect for beginner paintball players. It doesn’t have technical details that other paintball guns have. Despite it being a great choice for beginners, experienced players can also use it. Cleaning the gun is also very easy.
It is a fact that the Cronus paintball marker is relatively affordable compared to other paintball markers in the market. Despite its affordability, there are quite some advanced features to enjoy. However, if you have more money to spend, the Tippmann Cronus Tactical Edition rewards you with upgraded prowess and enhancement potential
The Tippmann Cronus gun has a great design and highly durable material, one thing that makes the gun look professional and stylish. The Black & Tan Dessert Op exterior housing of the Cronus marker is also authentic, with realistic details and color aesthetics that will impress at the paintball guns.
It has a vertical and rubber grip that makes it comfortable to fire the gun, especially during the rainy season. The rubber grips also make it easy to carry around. It is also reasonably light. No matter the firing style or the firing speed, the design of this marker has never proven to be difficult to hold. The barrel design minimizes the firing sound, making it a good option for the players who value stealth.
The Tippmann Cronus Tactical Edition-Upgraded Version
The Tippmann Cronus Tactical Edition is a different alternative for one who wants to level up because of the already installed upgrades. The two guns are similar such that they are both semi-automatic and they deliver a smooth shot. All the basic features of Cronus are found here, however, there are more additional features like a laser sight. For example, for this Tippmann Cronus tactical edition, an additional grip is mounted, which can easily be added or removed. Other features and parts of the Cronus tactical edition include;
- There is a collapsible stock at the back of the gun. It helps in easier modification of the gun for a different environment and gameplay. It also makes cleaning and maintenance easy.
- There is a rail with a sign mounted on top of the gun, on the bottom, and also on the sides of the gun.
- A different stock barrel, the A 5, is an upgrade.
- A barrel sleeve for storage.
- A kit includes spare o-rings, lubricant, and Allen keys, that help in attaching and detaching accessories.
For advanced modification and maintenance, you may need to find a selection of Allen keys that can be used to fix all manner of attachments and accessories on your Tippmann marker.
If you are new to the paintballing game, the Tippmann Cronus gun is definitely a great choice for you. This is a popular choice of paintball gun that has been designed with the novice in mind, giving you the very best user experience.
Can the Tippmann Cronus use compressed air?
Yes, a Tippmann Cronus shoots more consistent with compressed air. The Cronus operates on both CO2 and HPA. However, it is recommended to play the game using HPA for a more consistent velocity.
How do you use Tippmann Cronus?
The Tippmann Cronus has proven to be one of the easiest to use paintball guns in the market today. To fire the paintball gun, you need to follow the following steps;
- Install the stock barrel and customize the paintball marker
- Load the gun with air, the barrel blocking device, etc.
- Put on your goggles / eye protection
- Point the marker in a safe direction.
- Remove the Barrel Blocking Device from the marker.
- Verify that the marker is cocked, the gas is on, and paintballs are loaded.
- Switch the Trigger Safety from Safe mode to Fire Mode.
- Pull the Trigger to fire the marker.
How do I clean my Tippmann Cronus?
To clean the exterior of your Tippmann Cronus marker, you need to use a damp towel to wipe off paint, grease, and any debris.
To clean the inside of the gun, pull back on the Rear Bolt Handle. Push and rotate the tag at end of the squeegee, into the Feed Elbow, until you see it come out at the end of the stock barrel. Pull the squeegee to clean it. Remove the barrel and use the squeegee to remove debris.