Pro Update: Portland Uprising on NPPL 2011 Chicago Open

Portland UprisingPortland Uprising, one of the two paintball teams that made the jump into the pro division. The team went from a dead last finish at the NPPL season opener to 3rd place in Chicago. Rumors are circulating that the team ran into a bit of controversy in the match against Avalanche and Tommy clears up a bit of the confusion.

Chicago played out well, we moved into Sunday confident, won our first 2 matches against Blast and Damage and then had some hiccups against Impact in a 3 game match with them taking it.  We went on to play Avalanche to see who played for 1st and 2nd.  The 1st Avalanche game we won with 3 bodies up but somehow after a clusterfuck of ref talking they overturned the game and gave us a 2 for 1 calling the game a draw……   This was all done while Frank Connell was out of the dead box after being hit yelling at the refs until it was resolved.   Regardless, we moved onto the 2nd game and lost that one, 3rd game came to a draw with the time running out.  The team really felt like we should have been playing Dynasty for 1st but it’s paintball.   We beat Impact to take a respectable 3rd place.

Chicago NPPL was our 2nd pro event as a team, and after a dead last finish in Huntington Beach the team knew we had to step our game up to compete at the Professional level.  From event 1-2 everyone on the team practiced 3-5 days a week, every weekend, we started players on diets and training regimes.  We made a few key pick ups that really helped the team mold together, Cole Scott and Blake Bearham.  We know we still have a long way to go to be a consistent contender but were going to be working even harder for DC to show we are a force to be reckoned with.

-Tommy Tucker
PortlandUprising.com

10 Comments

• The man, the myth, the.......... says:

Wasnt an uprising fan before, but I sure as hell am now. Those dudes were all a great bunch of guys, and they busted their asses all weekend!!! I have much respect for them, and the way they handled themselves on and off the field. They should have played for first, and they would have taken it.

• Whho??? says:

PBRack guys are sick, combined with Cole and Blake makes a ridic team

Uprising Nation!

• joe says:

Def..fan or uprising now and Frank has always been a crybaby

• BEAST says:

Honestly people like Frank who wear their hearts on thier shoulders are a liablity to the sport. Yeah its ok to get pissed in certain situations, but there is no reason to leave the deadbox. Nppl should place automatic suspensions for players that do so…it only stirrs up controversy. That Finish Him thing was pretty damn funny though.

• trevor says:

tommy, im glad you said it like it is. frank fucked you guys over, and you need to over shoot him at dc. he took away you’re chance at the finals, but just know that almost everyone has your back

• Johnny says:

Fuck frank and fuck his loader

• David says:

Sure Frank did go out and was out of the deadbox to complain, but from what I saw the call was Legitimately bad and the subsequent Draw was fair (I was on the field this game). The Reffing was BAD all weekend, But Frank has been ejected/suspended from games before for yelling at people, The fact of the matter is, it was a bad call by the Refs, And I think Toms ruling on it being a Draw made sense, The other games seemed fair and Uprising played amazing Paintball, I was pretty shocked myself, you guys stepped it up, and I was impressed. I have to be the bad guy and say that I think Avalanche wanted it more.

• clay says:

my respect for frank has gone down even lower i never really like the guy but when u fuck someone over like he did u r no longer someone the deserves my respect so piss off frank hop u get bunkered to shit at dc

• MJ Draco says:

lol as I just said in another article … SO SAD TO C FRANK AROUND …

QQ more Frank maybe Moma will let ya play later … =P … kid …

• MJ Draco says:

UPRISING !!! ..

talked about you on my show !! .. keep it up !!!

Add Comment Register